We want great talent no matter where they come from. Applications are open to anyone with a mind for problem solving and aptitude to learn to code, regardless of financial means.
Our partners help to make this happen, through sponsorship and employment of our coders.
Corporate and individual sponsorships enable us to cover the transport and basic living costs of coders with financial need, as well as reduce the cost of the program where possible. Loans cover the shortfall, which coders start repaying once they are employed.
The codeX brochure gives more detail on our programme successes, and how sponsors can get involved.
Get in touch
- In our first four years, codeX achieved an 84% graduation success rate (substantially higher when compared with South African universities with a 45% - 50% graduation rate).
- 70% of our graduates are employed in the IT industry within six months of completing the one-year programming course. A further 15% continue with further IT studies, with an overall 85% success rate.
- Starting salaries for our graduates average at R10 000 which usually grows to R14 500 after being employed full time for 6 months.
- 35% of our coders are female - substantially higher than the industry norm of 12 - 26%.
How can you support codeX?
We believe that the talent pool in Africa runs deep, but opportunity has been limited. As of Nov 2018, 87% are historically disadvantaged, and 35% of our coders are women, young people who are often the first in their families to pursue professional careers. Professional and personal development is integral to our program and critical to its success.
Note that donations via the Click Foundation codeX Bursary fund are fully tax deductible.
- Sponsor a student in full: R107,000 for the full year program.
- Sponsor tuition for a student to learn to code: R65 000 per student.
- Sponsor 5 or more students at a tuition fee of R60,000 per person and 10 or more students for tuition of R55,000 per person.
- Sponsor the travel and living expenses of a student while they are in the full-time programming course.
- Hire a codeX graduate.
- Contribute to a codeX bootcamp: from 10 000 per bootcamp, training up to 20 applicants on each bootcamp.
- Sponsor a codeX Hackathon.
- Donations in kind: laptops, smartphones, data bundles, bus and train tickets, refreshments for the coders and sponsored invitations to industry events for coders.
codeX Bursary Fund
codeX operates a Bursary Fund through the NPO, BEE Level 1 Click Foundation.
Donations and sponsorships to this fund are eligible for Section 18A certificates.
Click Foundation – codeX Bursary Fund Account Details
|Bank||First National Bank|
|Account Name||Click codeX Bursary|
|Reference||Name & Surname codeX|
If you would like more information on how you can support codeX, please get in touch.
codeX and Your BEE Scorecard: Socio-Economic Development
codeX is a Leader in Transformative Education
Our programme is unique in being able to reach and train candidates who are traditionally under-represented in tech, and prepare them for careers in web development.
100% of Socio-Economic Development grants made to codeX are recognized for the BEE ScoreCard. Let codeX help you claim your SED Contributions