We want great talent no matter where they come from. Applications are open to anyone with a mind for problem solving and aptitude to learn to code, regardless of financial means.
Our partners help to make this happen, through sponsorship and employment of our coders.
Corporate and individual sponsorships enable us to cover the transport and basic living costs of coders with financial need, as well as reduce the cost of the program where possible. Loans cover the shortfall, which coders start repaying once they are employed.
The codeX brochure gives more detail on our programme successes, and how sponsors can get involved.
Get in touch
- In our first two years, codeX achieved a 75% graduation success rate (substantially higher when compared with South African universities with only 45% - 50% graduation rate).
- 77% of our graduates are employed in the IT industry within six months of completing the one-year programming course. Another 6% continue with further studies.
- Starting salaries for our graduates average at R10 000 which usually grows to R14 500 after being employed full time for 6 months.
- Currently 38% of our coders are female. When we started two years ago, only 10% of our coders were women.
How can you support codeX?
We believe that the talent pool in Africa runs deep, but opportunity has been limited. As of September 2016, 79% are historically disadvantaged, and 38% of our coders are women, young people who are often the first in their families to pursue professional careers. Professional and personal development is integral to our program and critical to its success.
- Sponsor tuition for a student to learn to code: R30 000 per term or R60 000 for the two-term year.
- Sponsor the travel and living expenses and also professional development costs of a student while they are in the full-time programming course: R20 000 per term or R40 000 for the two-term year.
- Sponsor a student in full: R50 000 per term or R100 000 for the two-term full year program.
- Hire a codeX graduate.
- Contribute to a codeX bootcamp: R30 000 per bootcamp, training up to 15 applicants on each bootcamp.
- Sponsor a codeX Hackathon.
- Donations in kind: laptops, smartphones, sim cards with data, bus and train tickets, refreshments for the coders and sponsored invitations to industry events for coders.
codeX Bursary Fund
codeX operates a Bursary Fund through the NPO, BEE Level 1 Click Foundation.
Donations and sponsorships to this fund are eligible for Section 18A certificates.
Click Foundation – codeX Bursary Fund Account Details
|Bank||First National Bank|
|Account Name||Click codeX Bursary|
|Reference||Name & Surname codeX|
Click Foundation Site
If you would like more information on how you can support codeX, please get in touch.