Learn to code in Cape Town
Are you a born problem solver? Are you passionate about technology?
Are you looking for a challenging, fulfilling, flexible career with infinite opportunities?
Are you willing to put in the hard work to get there?
Then codeX might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Before you apply, check out the course details, and make sure you fulfill all of the requirements:
You must have completed at least grade 12 (have matric) or equivalent (NQF 4)
You must be a South African citizen, permanent resident, or have a legal work permit to be accepted into codeX. Non-South Africans must send a copy of their Permanent Residency certificate or work permit. Email us
You must be available to attend the programme full time for the duration of the programme. Stipend support is available for qualifying candidates with financial need.
Ready to apply? Here’s how.
- Complete the application form. There are a few sections to the application form, and you can save your form as you go and submit when it’s complete. We will send the link to your email address. The form takes about an hour in total to complete.
- Create Online Accounts Once you’ve completed the application, you will receive detailed instructions to sign up to freeCodeCamp and complete some free introductory online courses, to help you get to grips with coding languages and concepts. Follow the steps and get going with the courses.
- Complete Online Courses All applicants must complete the courses. This may take 10-40 hours. If you are in Cape Town and do not have access to a computer, contact us at email@example.com or WhatsApp us at 064 705 6017.
- Attend Online Interview When the online courses are done, we’ll have a quick online interview to assess readiness for the two week Bootcamp
- Attend Coding Fundamentals Bootcamp If your interview went well you will be invited to join a two week codeX bootcamp, which is the last step in the application process. During the bootcamp our mentors assess your problem-solving and collaboration skills.
The codeX 5 Step Application process