We want great talent no matter where they come from. Applications are open to anyone with a mind for problem solving and aptitude to learn to code, regardless of financial means.
Our partners help to make this happen, through sponsorship and employment of our coders.
Corporate and individual sponsorships enable us to cover the transport and basic living costs of coders with financial need, as well as reduce the cost of the program where possible. Loans cover the shortfall, which coders start repaying once they are employed.
The codeX brochure gives more detail on our programme successes, and how sponsors can get involved.
Get in touch
- codeX has an 85% graduation success rate (substantially higher when compared with South African universities with a 45% - 50% graduation rate).
- 70% of our graduates are employed in the IT industry within six months of completing the one-year programming course. A further 15% continue with further IT studies, with an overall 85% success rate.
- Starting salaries for our graduates average at R10 000 which usually grows to R14 500 after being employed full time for 6 months.
- 60% of our coders are female - substantially higher than the industry norm of 12 - 26%.
How can you support codeX?
We believe that the talent pool in Africa runs deep, but opportunity has been limited. As of Nov 2018, 87% are historically disadvantaged, and 35% of our coders are women, young people who are often the first in their families to pursue professional careers. Professional and personal development is integral to our program and critical to its success.
- Sponsor a student: tuition and stipend for R110,000 for one year of the program.
- Sponsor tuition for a student to learn to code: R80 500 (R70,000 exVAT) per student.
- Sponsor 20 or more students at a tuition fee of R65,000 per person
- Sponsor the travel and living expenses of a student while they are in the full-time programming course.
- Hire a codeX graduate.
- Contribute to a codeX bootcamp: from R10 000 per bootcamp, training up to 20 applicants on each bootcamp.
- Sponsor a codeX Hackathon.
- Donations in kind: laptops, smartphones, data bundles, refreshments for the coders and sponsored invitations to industry events for coders.
Project codeX Foundation NPO
codeX operates a Bursary Fund through our NPO Project codeX Foundation 241 371 NPO. The Project codeX Foundation is a recognised PBO and donations are tax-deductible via the Section 18A Certificate.
|Bank||First National Bank|
|Account Name||Project codeX Foundation 241 371 NPO|
|Reference||Company Name / Name & Surname + Donation Reference|
If you would like more information on how you can support codeX, please get in touch.
codeX and Your BEE Scorecard: Socio-Economic Development
codeX is a Leader in Transformative Education
Our programme is unique in being able to reach and train candidates who are traditionally under-represented in tech, and prepare them for sustainable careers in web development.
100% of Socio-Economic Development grants made to codeX are recognized for the BEE ScoreCard. Let codeX help you claim your SED Contributions